I have been wanting to go to Fort Point for a while now, ever since I heard about it on the website of a photography school that does photography tours of San Francisco and stops here as one of their shooting locations. It did not disappoint. Paul and I loved these big rusting chains that look like they are flaking away from years of exposure to the saltwater that crashes on the rocks below. And I'm happy with my composition here with the post on the rule of thirds and then the vertical element being repeated in the towers of the Golden Gate Bridge. I even got a shot with the water going out from a wave which made the rock on the right hand side of the image darker and larger than when it is further submerged.
 |
| 28mm, ISO 200, f/13, ss 1/40 |
And I just adore this image of Clara hugging herself to stay warm and making a face as she tells me "I'm cold, Mama!" I always underestimate the drop in temperature that happens right around the bridge, even if it is in the 70's in the city itself. It wasn't freezing or anything, but it definitely was a little chilly and her cardigan wasn't enough for her.
 |
| 45mm, ISO 1250, f/4.0, ss 1/160 |
So, so, SO gorgeous! This could easily be sold as a print, I think. And also, I'm so happy to see you posting again! I was hoping you hadn't just switched over to the FB group and dropped off posting here. So happy you're not!
ReplyDelete