Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

Clara had to get her immunization shots today.  It was SO sad.  She woke up in the happiest mood this morning and smiled for me all morning long.  She grinned big grins at the doctor's office when the nurse was weighing and measuring her (9 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long now at 6 weeks old) and she cooed and gurgled the whole time.  Then the other nurse came in with the needles and pricked her.  Poor Clara's face just crumpled into hurt and confusion and sadness.  I felt terrible.  She cried and cried and even when I held her she was just so sad.  She wasn't herself for the rest of the day.  I kept monitoring her with the thermometer for a rise in her temperature but she was just fine.  I went ahead and gave her baby Tylenol anyway because the doctor said I could if she seemed to be in pain and if I got shots in both hips, I would be in pain.

2 comments:

  1. Emma's current refrain is "Baby, Any, Paul, Home." Because I keep telling her you're at home in California. I think she misses you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...