Monday, August 17, 2015

Day 15: Quiet Play

This week for the photography class I am doing we are talking about composition, so I am trying to keep that in mind in my daily picture practice.  In this first one I tried implementing framing a little bit by shooting from the doorway and getting a bit of wall in the foreground.  It also helped keep me a little hidden from the girls who were having one of the precious, sweet moments where Clara was reading a book to Rose and Rose was letting her and none of it was my idea.  I'm still struggling with indoor lighting and getting the shutter speed up for more sharpness without boosting my ISO super high.
 
82 mm, ISO 1000, f/4, SS 1/20

And this next picture was actually composed even though it may not look quite like it because I intentionally angled myself to block distractions that were elsewhere in the frame (like some yard toys that were visible through the window until I adjusted my angle and kitchen and room mess that is outside of the frame in this shot).

47 mm, ISO 640, f/4, SS 1/80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn...