Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 1: At the park

I took the girls to one of our favorite parks today for the first time in a few weeks since we have been avoiding parks in an attempt to keep Clara from reinjuring her broken collarbone.  This was my first, real attempt at shooting in manual and I lowered the f-stop in an attempt to blur the background, which worked out well, but didn't get quite the exposure I wanted, even after metering the lighting, so I brightened this a little bit afterwards in Adobe Bridge (which I guess is a photoshop software or something? - I have plans to learn Lightroom but for now I think maybe I will stick with one thing at a time and just practice learning how to shoot in manual and doing basic edits with what I know.)  A few attempts later I got the exposure I was looking for but Clara was done posing for me at that point (I had asked her to hold still for one minute while I took her picture and it was killing her not to be on the playground equipment) so they didn't turn out as well overall as this earlier shot.
 
24 mm, ISO 400, f/4, SS 1/2500



40 mm, ISO 400, f/4.5, SS 800

40 mm, ISO 400, f/4.5, SS 1/2000
 

2 comments:

  1. Love that first shot of Clara! The colors on all of these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...