Sunday, January 17, 2010
January 17, 2010
Today we went to church at 9:00 am and Amy and I gave talks about the subject "Coming Unto Christ By Understanding the House of Israel". Although it was a little difficult to make that subject interesting and exciting, I think we did a pretty good job. After church, Russ, Cheryl, Jessica, Amy and I all went on a drive through Saratoga and up Highway 9 into the Santa Cruz mountains to Big Basin Redwoods State Park. Although it was raining some while we were driving, by the time we got there it had stopped raining and what water was still falling was coming from the trees. Amy's family was all really wanting to see a banana slug, so I kept my eyes peeled (pun intended) but never found one. They are pretty tough to spot. Here's some photos of the huge redwoods we saw as we walked around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I miss you guys. What a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too! Wish you were here. Oh, and btw, today in our primary lesson, we were teaching about where we lived before we were born and what it means to have a spirit inside of a body. Part of the lesson called for a photograph of a baby with its parents so I took the one of you, Ryan and Emma that we took at Christmas and asked the kids who was in the picture. They looked for a second then pointed at me and said "YOU!!" It was hilarious. When I told them, "no, not me, that's my sister," they were all like "Ohhhh."
ReplyDeleteYou probably weren't around to watch the Golden Globes last night, but you two would have fit right in with your umbrellas. That seems to be the fashion these days! And, once again, you guys did a great job on your talks.
ReplyDelete