Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010

Today while in computer training at the law firm there was a 4.1 earthquake.  It was my first earthquake that I could feel since having moved to California.  I was really excited. 

Paul drove Skyline Road up to Palo Alto and took some really awesome photos of mushrooms and tree logs. 

When I got home from work, we went to TJ Maxx planning to buy two king size pillows to go on our day-bed for when my parents come to visit next week.  What should have been only a $15 trip turned into a $199 trip when I discovered the most beautiful, thick dark grey and bright white towels.  We've been meaning to get linens for the guest bathroom but just haven't seen anything we liked.  So once we found the towels then we had to look for a shower curtain and bathmats and the next thing you know Paul spotted a really cool blue lamp that would go perfectly in the guest bedroom.  One thing led to another and we ended up with an entire shopping cart full of stuff for our apartment. 



So much for sticking to a shopping list...

5 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that only Dorothy and I know about this blog so far. Kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Nathaniel, I'm pretty sure you two are the only ones who know about this blog. Paul and I haven't really been advertising it - not that we care if anybody reads it - just because we thought people would think it was boring. Although, let's be honest, when have we ever been boring, right?

    How did you find it in the first place? We haven't even linked it to our main blog or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, probably found it by looking at your blogger identity, where this blog is listed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love TJ Maxx. And I love that lamp.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...