Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010

My Bluetooth.  On the drive home from work I like to call Paul or my mom and make the most of my driving time by chatting.



This is our new ice cream attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer.  We decided to try it out tonight with plain old vanilla ice cream.  It was delicious.  I can tell we're going to have fun with this little contraption. 



Classic Vanilla Ice Cream

1 cup heavy cream
2 cups half-and-half
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
1 dash salt

Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor until sugar dissolves (maybe 5-10 seconds).  Refrigerate until needed for ice cream maker.  Pour into the ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's freezing instructions.  We'll try this again but add Oreo cookies during the last five minutes or strawberries after about 15 minutes.  Also, next time I think I would replace at least 1 cup of half-and-half with regular milk, but that's because I don't love super creamy ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures of that new tv in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok-That attachment must be my next purchase. What a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...