I'm proud of us. Its been since early December that Paul and I moved to the Bay Area and we waited until January 8th before going to my favorite bakery - Icing on the Cake - in Los Gatos to get some sinfully sweet goodness. My favorite thing there is the lemon cake chunk. The frosting is absolute lemony heaven. Sometimes I gaze at it adoringly.
Other times I lick my lips in anticipation of unwrapping and biting into my chunk of lemon cake. Oh sweet and tangy lemon frosting, how I love you.
Paul attacks his molasses crinkle cookie with ferocity. He was actually a little disappointed in this particular cookie today because he says that my new soft molasses cookie recipe that I found over the holidays is better. That made me feel really good about my baking skills, but it is also kind of sad because we both adored these molasses crinkle cookies before, and now they are only so-so by comparison.



You guys and your awesome food! You should overnight some tacos from taco barfo and some sweet lemony and molasses goodness.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I do find myself wanting to post about food a lot on here. We are "live to eat" kinda people, not "eat to live" kinda people, so there will probably be more posts about food in the future.
ReplyDeleteI just want to say that I think what you said about these blog posts not being as "thouroughly drafted" is really funny. You must have gone to law school or something...
ReplyDelete