Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

ONE MONTH!  Alright! 


Today was great but also incredibly frustrating.  After being told at work on Friday night that I was going to need to work this weekend, I was all prepared to not have free time.  But I was also told that I should be able to work around other plans I might have.  Which is why it was no big deal to go to the farmers market yesterday.  Or to church this morning.  In fact, I finished most of the work for this project Saturday night around 7:30 p.m.  So this afternoon Paul and I went for a drive to Henry Coe State Park, which was beautiful and made me feel very connected to the Land. This 86,000 acrea area all used to be ranchland, and there are tons of trails we want to go hike.


This was my favorite shot of the day. Paul took it but I am titling it "Lightning" because that's what it looks like to me:


We had dinner plans with Paige and Mike (friends from our new ward), so we got home and started putting together shish-kabobs.  And then, just twenty minutes before Paige and Mike were coming over I get six emails from work with projects that needed to be done, ASAP.  It wasn't so bad in the end - Paige and Mike are super cool and really didn't seem to mind that I kept walking in and out on "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", and at least I was able to sit down for dinner (which Paul pretty much prepared on his own - he is my hero) but still.  I win the award for worst hostess in the world. 

C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn...